'our creation is that guru; the duration of our lives is that guru; our trials, illnesses and calamaties is that guru. There is a guru that is nearby and a guru that is beyond the beyond. I humbly make my offering to the guru, the beautiful remover of ignorance, the enlightenment principle that is within me and surrounds me at all times.'
Guru Stotram

Tuesday 1 February 2011

"These days my practice is teaching me to embrace imperfection: to have compassion for all the ways things haven't turned out as I planned, in my body and in my life - for the way things keep falling apart, and failing, and breaking down. It's less about fixing things, and more about learning to be present for exactly what is. It reminds me how futile are all my attempts to control my body and my life, and that when it comes right down to it, I can't control or hang onto anything that's really important. But it also reminds me that despite all this - or perhaps because of this - my life is precious and glorious. It's teaching me to find some sort of balance and ease in the uncertainty."
Anne Cushman

No comments: